We are looking for a highly competent and resourceful arts administrator to assist the General Manager in the delivery of the 2013 annual festival presentation across a broad range of administrative functions. You will have experience in project and arts delivery, artist liaison, scheduling and volunteer management, and the ability to work flexibly and creatively to meet targets and produce results with some guidance and within a team environment.
Reporting to an experienced board, you will work alongside the General Manager and have regular contact with the curatorial team and production team, and coordination of the Volunteer Program.
The term of the appointment is from mid March – October 2013, with the peak festival period and greatest amount of hours/deliverables during late July, August and September. The position is currently offered as a contract role with flexibility surrounding hours and work location and a contract fee is payable based on deliverables.
Applications should include a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role, should address the duties of the role as key selection criteria, and should be accompanied by a CV.
Marketing and Communications
- Preparation and oversight of Online Ticketing systems for national programs;
- Preparation of Newsletter content material, research and planning for the efficient dissemination of festival promotion materials to subscriber base;
- Assistance with the preparation /coordination of printed and online festival promotional material;
- Assistance with publicity including social media, releases, press kits, interviews and special events;
- Represent the organisation through presence at relevant industry events.
Contract and Volunteer Coordination
- Coordinate the festival Volunteer Program and supervise Volunteers at Melbourne events;
- Research and have a current knowledge of licensing, fees/rates and working conditions relevant to the Performing Arts and Arts/Culture areas.
Scheduling and Project Coordination
- Ensure effective electronic calendar and document sharing for GM, Curators, Production staff and Board;
- Assistance with coordination of travel and touring itineraries for artists, contractors and directors;
- Assist with project coordination for Melbourne festival events from planning through to acquittals;
- Ensure effective time management and report on completed deliverables.
Funding and Development
- Assistance to the GM with funding applications and the completion of acquittals and reports through data collation and reporting;
- Maintain effective relationships with funding and partnership organisations;
- Assistance to the GM and Board with future planning and projections for the organisationʼs financial viability, funding scope and development through attendance at Working Groups, Sub Committee meetings and Board Meetings.
- Assist with the day to day project budgets and collate financial documentation in line with taxation law and acquittal requirements;
- Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with all Accounts contacts.
Strategic Planning and Business Development
- Assistance to the GM and Board with strategic planning, business planning and development activities.