Liquid Architecture is an Australian organisation for artists working with sound. LA investigates the sounds themselves, but also the ideas communicated about, and the meaning of, sound and listening.
Our program stages encounters and creates spaces for sonic experience, and critical reflection on sonority and systems of sonic affect. To do this, we host experiences at the intersection of contemporary art and experimental music, supporting artists to produce performances and concerts, exhibitions, talks, reading groups, workshops and recordings in art spaces, music venues and other sites.
Liquid Architecture is curatorially driven and our methodology embraces research, collaborations and imaginations. We want to echo beyond local conversations, problems, debates and questions, to reverberate across media and disciplines, and so to sound out new discourses about the audible world, and beyond.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first sovereign owners of this unceded country. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and becoming.
PO Box 12315
Liquid Architecture (LA) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained and stored about its audience or clientele, including users of this website.
We understand and appreciate that our audience or clientele and users of this website are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to us.
This policy applies when liquid architecture determines what information will be collected or disclosed, or how any information will be processed.
We take a broad understanding of what constitutes ‘personal information’. We understand ‘personal information’ to include any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing the new version on our website.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION LA COLLECTS
The following are examples of the types of personal information that may be collected by the organisation.
- Contact information including email address, phone number, names, gender, organisation, role.
- Connection information including linkages and referrals between people.
- Financial information including amounts paid to LA, donated to LA, or received by LA.
- When you visit our website, our server maintains an access log that includes the following information: the visitor’s IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used.
- When you visit our website, cookies are installed on your device that provides information to Google Analytics to give us statistical information about our visitors.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
LA collects personal information in a variety of different ways depending on the type of contact that is made with the organisation. We collect personal information both from individuals directly and from third parties.
- Subscribing to LA’s e-newsletter via the website, in-person or other means.
- Registering for LA’s programs of events (eg. performances, workshops, lectures)
- Purchasing a ticket for LA’s programs of events via a ticketing system (eg Eventbrite)
- Making an online enquiry.
- Making an individual donation to LA.
- Becoming a sponsor.
- Submitting a proposal to LA.
- Providing written feedback to LA.
- Through agreements with programming partners to add addresses to our mailing lists.
- Images of persons might be collected during documentation of an LA performance.
- If you become a LA Associate, Volunteer or Board Member.
LA may also collect personal information over the phone, in person or by electronic correspondence in order to undertake its regular administrative operations.
WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
LA collects personal information in order to service the needs of its staff, audience and partnerships. This information is only used with your consent. Your personal information may be retained and used for the following purposes:
- For communicating about upcoming programs and services offered by LA and its partners.
- For documenting LA performances and events.
- To make recommendations to web-site visitors about other services that LA offers that may be of interest.
- To communicate to LA audiences on behalf of other arts or government organisations offering information regarding their products.
- To communicate with staff, artists, associates, volunteers, or Board Members.
- Notifying changes of program details.
- To market upcoming events.
- For market research purposes.
- To market online services.
All details are kept secure at all times and any individual may request their information is not used for direct marketing, research or any other purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
LA will not sell, lend, disclose, or give personal information of its audience or clientele to external individuals or organisations without first obtaining the customer’s consent.
LA may, however, disclose your personal information or financial data (information exchanged in transactions relating to donations, ticket purchasing or any other product sold):
- To our insurer or legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining insurance coverage, obtaining professional advice, and managing risks.
- To our payment services providers or financial institutions. LA will share transaction data only to the extent necessary for processing, refunding, or dealing with queries about payments.
- In a situation where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that LA is subject to, or in order to protect the vital interests of a person.
LA will not disclosure personal information to recipients in another jurisdiction unless that jurisdiction has a privacy regime at least as equally protective as Australia. LA will always ask for specific consent before disclosing personal information to a recipient in another jurisdiction.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURACY
LA is committed to ensuring all personal information it collects is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of this personal information to a large extent depends on the information provided by its clients. LA asks that all clients:
- Advise us if you become aware of any errors in your personal information.
- Advise of any changes in their personal details, such as address, email address and phone number.
At any time, any person has the right:
- To know what personal information LA holds about them and how it has been used.
- To correct or alter any personal information LA holds about them.
- To have the personal information about them erased.
- To withdraw consent for the collection, retention, disclosure, use or processing of personal information.
- To make a request or inquiry, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The LA website contains links to other sites. LA is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. LA encourages users when they leave the site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personal information. This privacy statement applies solely to the activities of LA.
OUR DATA SECURITY POLICY
LA takes steps to prevent the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, interference or unauthorised access. Personal information is never stored in cloud servers.
LA will also destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed, or when requested.
Alice Hui-Sheng Chang
Amanda Stewart and Jim Denley
Anna Homler AKA Breadwoman
Anne E Stewart
Anthony Lyons and Paul Fletcher
Antoinette J. Citizen
Antonia Sellbach with Julie Burleigh and Alison Bolger
Arini Byng, Jess Gall & Rebecca Jensen
Atlanta Eke and Daniel Jenatsch
Aunty Mary Graham
Beth Sometimes & Caroline Anderson
Bhenji Ra x Del Lumanta x Daryl Prondoso
Black Quantum Futurism
Brian Fuata x Enderie
Bryan Phillips AKA Galambo
COCO SOLID AKA Jess Hansell
Catherine Clover and Peter Knight
Chloe Alison Escott
Christopher LG Hill
Chun Yin Rainbow Chan
Clare Milledge and Tom Smith
Clocks and Clouds
Collingwood College Sound Collective
12 dog cycle
David Shea and Kristi Monfries
Dennis Del Favero
Dirk de Buyn
Djirri Djirri Dance Group
Sonia Leber and David Chesworth
Eric Demetriou and Herbert Jercher
Evelyn Araluen Corr
Evelyn Ida Morris
Faene (Corin x Ju Ca)
Fayen d’Evie and Jen Bervin with Bryan Phillips and Andy Slater
Feminist Theory Group
Fernando do Campo
Haco and Toshiya Tsunoda
Hannah Catherine Jones AKA Foxy Moron
Harriet Kate Morgan
Hi God People
Hyui Ines Rmi
Rosalind Hall and Dave Brown
Is There A Hotline?
id m thffft able
Dr James Parker
J'Ouvert Ft Makeda and The AM Trio - Ece Yavuz, Alvin Rostant and R
James Utting-Webb and Riley Lockett
Jenny Ruth Barnes
Joanna Anderson & Michael Prior
Johannes S. Sistermanns
Julia Drouhin and Pip Stafford
Anja Kanngieser and Daniel Jenatsch
Kalle Hamm & Dzamil Kamanger
Kalle Hamm and Lauri Ainala
Keith Fullerton Whitman
Lacking Sound Festival
Lawrence Abu Hamdan
Lei Lei Kung
Leila El Rayes
Leila El Rayes x Poison
Lorna & Aunty Jenny Munro
Snack Syndicate (Andrew Brooks and Astrid Lorange)
Joseph Jordania and Nino Tsitsishvili with Melbourne Georgian Choir
M J Grant
Manus Recording Project Collective; Michael Green, André Dao, Jon Tjhia, Abdul Aziz Muhamat, Farhad Bandesh, Behrouz Boochani, Samad Abdul, Shamindan Kanapathi and Kazem Kazemi
Marjolijn Dijkman and Toril Johannessen
Matthew P. Hopkins
Matthew P. Hopkins & Julie Burleigh
Media Lab Melbourne
Megan Alice Clune
Mehera San Roque
Misbach Daeng Bilok
Monica Monin & Astrid Lorange
Nathan John Thompson
Noel Meek and Olivia Webb
Peter Brötzmann and Heather Leigh
Pia Van Gelder
Plants and Animalia (CES and Felicity Mangan)
Poppy de Souza
Queens of the Circulating Library
Radha La Bia
Romy Seven Fox
Sally Ann McIntyre
Scale Free Network
Shi Chao Lai
Th Duo Trio
Thanh Hằng Phạm
The Charles Ives Singers
The Donkey's Tail
Ting Shuo Hear Say
Uncle Dave Wandin
Uncle Joe Kirk
Undine Sellbach & Stephen Loo
Ur 1st Luv
Ute Meta Bauer
Will Foster and Sabrina D’Angelo
Ying Li-Hooi & Tarquin Manek